Wood Flooring Repair, Polishing Re-Surfacing & Re-Sealing of Timber Floors, Wooden Floor Restoration
We not only provide spectacular results with repair and restoration work on stone, marble, concrete, terrazzo and slate floors, we also offer the same service for wood flooring. A beautiful, gleaming finish for your wooden floor will add a stunning dynamic to rejuvenate your rooms, giving them a shine that can last years.
Damage from heels, toys and pets along with problems like old peeling varnish will render wooden flooring unsightly and compromise it’s functionality. Sometimes the degraded varnish is a darker shade than the wood underneath, making it look even worse. In this case, you may consider dabbing a little fresh varnish over the top for a quick fix, but proper preparation and treatment will give a much longer lasting outcome.
We recently completed restorative work on a wood floor at a popular Social Club in Greater Manchester using our tried and tested methods. We of course use personal protection such as dust masks, ear protection and appropriate shoes while carrying out this type of work.
- Masking – We masked all fixtures and fittings near the area in order to protect them from dust and debris accumulation, as well as contamination by other materials.
- Sanding – The floor surface was then dry sanded using coarse, medium and fine heads (plant complete with dust control attachment). This process gets rid of any scratches, scuffs or old varnish, and leaves a gloriously smooth finish ready for the next step.
- Epoxy Application – This two pack epoxy moisture curing floor seal was applied using short nap applicators, and allowed to cure.
- Wet Sanding – Once cured the floor was wet sanded with fine Fabricut discs and wet vacuumed dry.
- Finishing Application – The final application of seal was carried out and all protection removed.
As you can see the results are extremely impressive delivering a pleasing transformation. Call us to discuss how we can help with your wood flooring on 01942 674785.
In Situ Stone Tile Replacement. Supermarkets, Universities, Churches, Offices, Museums, Public Buildings. Staircase Refurbishment & Repair.