Marble, Terrazzo, Limestone, Granite, Stone & Wood Floor Repairs & Maintenance, Diamond Polishing Re-Surfacing & Re-Sealing
As many homeowners have discovered, the beauty of real stone flooring is well worth a bit of initial investment. Whether professionally installed or all your own work [using high quality hire equipment], these floors can substantially raise the profile of any property in places like South Ockendon. If properly looked after and maintained, natural materials like stone, marble, slate and granite can last a lifetime.
That said, we emphasise that, like most things of value, they need to be cared for in the correct way to ensure they aren’t damaged. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts : –
- Try to keep the stone’s surface free from dust, sand and grit, as these can encourage scratches.
- Mop up any spills as quickly as possible.
- As with treated wood, always use drinks coaters to protect from permanent staining and marking, particularly with calcareous natural stones like onyx, marble or travertine.
- Clean daily if you can, and carry out a deep clean periodically.
- Avoid using lemon juice, vinegar and harsh cleaners designed for grout, tiles or bathrooms.
- Place an effective barrier between the surface and hot items such as serving dishes, and use placemats under ceramics, china, silver or anything which could scratch.
- Don’t use any abrasive substance and don’t mix bleach or ammonia [as this creates toxic gases].
- Never blend different chemicals unless the floor cleaner instructions tell you to.
Caring for your Stone Flooring
– Make sure you have non slip rugs and mats near entrances, this gets rid of dust and debris from shoes.
– Regular dusting, sweeping and mopping of your floor will help them to look fabulous for longer.
Any damage can often be rectified by specialists in stone, marble, slate, granite maintenance. You will be amazed at what can be achieved when it comes to stone flooring with skill, experience and knowledge.